Friday, January 8, 2016

First Time Feeling - Five Minute Friday

The first time I took a breath in this world
The first time I opened my eyes to see your face

The first time I held an autumn leaf, turning colours as it whirled to the ground
The first time I held your hand

The first time I saw the mountains of snow
And the first time I fell to the snow and made an angel
All that happiness spread out under my body.

The first time I dreamed and woke up remembering what I dreamed about
The first time I baked in the kitchen with Mom and laughed in the flour drifting

The first time we moved over seas and started up a whole new life
The first time I felt my heart twist with my first disappointment
The first time I cried in the rain and let it soak me, through.

The first time I felt your presence touch me so deep I knew you were real
The first time I climbed up the mountain and the sunset colours
Poured over us in the waterfall of clouds, orange, pink, gold.

There is a first time for everything.
And when I woke up this morning, I had that kind of First Time Feeling
That everything that feels old and stale, is going to have a chance
To feel First Time
Again.

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful peom. I enjoyed reading it. (visiting from FMF)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You expressed those "first times" so well. Welcome to a day of openhearted first times.

    ReplyDelete