Saturday, March 4, 2017

The Turning of Lenten Days

Be closer to me now dear Lord,
than at any other time.

If I pour the oils of frankincense and myrrh 
over my heart,
and step into the water living,

I will hear the questions asked
for the turning of Lenten days.

What will you relinquish?
What will you receive?

Do we fast from unforgiveness
when we see your blood on the stones 
of the stations of the cross,
blood that has paid?

Lord, I have become a listener
to every question you may ask.

I do not watch from the sidelines,
but make myself available to you.

I do not know all of the answers, yes.

But it is enough to travel the road of Lent
side by side,
and listen to each other
as those in love do.

Jenneth Graser




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Jenneth! I so appreciate reading your intimate talks with the Lord. Thank you for letting us eavesdrop on the conversation. These words truly sum up the way you weave your thoughts and the Source of all inspiration:

    "Lord, I have become a listener
    to every question you may ask.

    I do not watch from the sidelines,
    but make myself available to you."

    Oh if only we would all do as you do, faithful friend! Keep listening. Blessings and love. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Joy for your blessed encouragement! I'm honoured by your words of grace! Much love xx

      Delete