Tuesday, July 10, 2018

A Blessing for Pilgrims

I bless you with movement stirring from
within your deepest self.

I bless you with a compass arising
and a true way to go.

I bless your feet with the barefoot knowledge
of the earth and no restriction to your steps.

I bless your anchor and your sail
and a breeze to companion you through the doldrums,
to send you forth where you have not dared to go.

I bless you with a transparency of heart
and a loosening of what binds,

with the comradeship of kindred souls
to pass you a lantern on the darkest nights,

with the final destination to be set as flint
upon you, a tattoo of the finest maps
to guide, and alignment voice-to-voice
of sure-fire navigation.

I bless you to take hold of the hand
that is offered to pull you up when
you need it,

and for fellow travellers to abound
in grace and wisdom.

I bless you with the ability to move on
when the season has ripened,
and the ability to settle when it is time to stay.

I bless you Pilgrim with contentment,
knowing your ultimate heavenly call
is placing you here and now in the present.

I bless you with what longs enough
to keep the ache of what is too beautiful
at the forefront of your spirit.

I bless you with a will before the
great will, a humility to change
direction when needed, to admit you
have made a mistake and to learn from it.

I bless you with the quest of your life and
birth, with the call of your destiny
written upon your soul,
etched as treasure upon your heart,
beating with a rhythm that leads you home.

Jenneth Graser


Photography Tim Foster Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment