Friday, February 1, 2013

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you"


Looking back over the photos of Abi, here she is a little baby with such a smile.  Fast forward a couple of years and Abi is holding Sophia.  Nearly two years later, Abi, Sophia & Joelle sitting on the couch and I wonder some days, all this beauty in my life and some days I wonder, how am I going to make it? 


Some days I feel afraid I'm not going to make it, when I'm so tired from waking up in the night and not getting enough sleep. When I'm mediating quarrel after quarrel. When the moaning starts and there is no cut off time to it. When the crying starts and then everything else besides combines to set off the Mommy-ain't-goin-back fuse and I think, I'm afraid I won't be able to do it anymore

Then this morning's reading comes up
"Don’t be afraid, for I am with you"

There's no reason to fear when I am here
When you feel at the end of yourself, it's then you will find my strength
Waiting for you in the centre of it all.

Waiting for me in the centre of it all is strength in the heart of my life. My God is the centre of the heart of my life and he smiles strength, oozes it into the fibres of me, marinades me in it, reminds me of it. I don't have to be afraid, cause he is here, with me.



6 comments:

  1. I truly feel that being afraid is part of being a mom - but that feeling just pulls us closer to the One who tells us not to be afraid because He is with us - He will walk with us and go before us. Even in this hard, hard journey of motherhood.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Marissa
    http://forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marissa. It's so true, he is not only walking the road with us, but I feel encouraged to remember he has gone before us.

      Delete
  2. Amen! I love this reminder that He is with us. "he smiles strength, oozes into the fibres of my being, marinades me in me, reminds me of it." Great stuff. Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad I found you from the Five Minute Friday link up.

    My thoughts on "Afraid"
    http://osheta.blogspot.com/2013/02/five-minute-friday-crazy-jesus-werent.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Osheta for your encouragement! It was great to read your piece as well, so true, I have been reminding myself we live in an upside down world with our true home in Heaven. I'm trying to live it from Heaven's side of the pearly gates.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful babies and a great post. Fun to meet you through Five Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete