Tuesday, June 26, 2018

A Blessing for Writers

I bless you with the major rivers of the earth
to run through your veins,
the Ganges, Yangtze, Mississippi.

I bless you with the flow of great waters
upon your inspiration.

I bless all of your latent ideas to materialise
from out of your DNA.

I bless the story abiding deep within
the cracks of the moment,
to be discovered, your hand on paper.

I bless you with a deluge rushing
in to fill your Okavango
and for wandering pilgrims to fall into
the oasis of your words.

I bless your voice to be heard from
the utmost heights of Mt Everest, Annapurna, Kilimanjaro.

I bless you with a blank page, a pen in your grip,
taken by the current of your dreams,
realising your own personal power,

disappointment swept away by the
mighty resilience of you, coming to life
in this place, being born upon a time and season

that has been waiting so long
to receive this epiphany:

your words arterial
channelling from out of your soul
straight into a sea of hearts,

torrential.

Jenneth Graser


Pixabay



No comments:

Post a Comment