Thursday, June 14, 2018

A Psalm of Broken Praise

Lord you have made yourself
to be my rearguard.

Your angels assign themselves
as ministers to all
who call on your name.

And I say, thank you
and the gratitude spills plenteous.

I have broken open my heart
as a vial of perfume.

I have poured the inner oil
over your feet beautiful.

I am coming through what fractures
into a greater praise.

I am entering by the gate narrow
to find a garden expanding on my sight.

I will put on shoes of the news that is good
and walk it holy into the ground

where healing herbs are bruised, the fragrance seeps,
and we are loved as we are.

Jenneth Graser


Photography Wang Xi Unsplash

2 comments:

  1. Oh thank you. Goes so beautifully with my morning meditation. You are friend given to me from the hand of God. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear friend, I am grateful for you.

      Delete