as you shrug back the curtains into the view.
Stop for a moment, remain.
Peel back the layers of thanksgiving:
1. everything beautiful in your past to be grateful for.
Delve deeper and you find:
2. the painful things that have shaped your life for good.
Go into a new layer and you find:
3. the small, seemingly insignificant things that make a difference.
Deeper again, peel off another layer:
4. gratitude for the present moment.
Then you become thankful for:
5. the patience you learn through irritations.
6. the challenging people who teach you to love and forgive.
7. the big things you often take for granted.
Then you discover thanks for:
8. the best that is yet to come.
The emotion of gratitude takes over
and you realise the layers won't ever stop,
because at the ever-unveiling heart of thanksgiving you find,
9. the spirit of contentment.
Photography - Guido Mieth