Saturday, December 10, 2016

Resting Seat

There are many things that could be said,
many that could be done.

Mountains to climb, up to the very top,
lists of the bucket kind.

A feeling of to-do lingers at the fringes of the day
as we drop exhausted into bed.

And Lord you are calling us,
you are calling us still...

Come my Beloved,
into a time outside of time.

Come to the resting seat in the garden
of my habitation.

There are no nagging voices or things to be done.

Here, there is presence that guides
everything you do on earth.

Listen to my voice, put on the music, lay aside your rushing.

Move into the pace of ease where my Spirit speaks
strength into your frame.

And whatever you need to face,
we will do it together.

Jenneth Graser

"My lover is mine, and I am his.
Nightly he strolls in our garden,
Delighting in the flowers
until dawn breathes its light and night slips away."

Song of Songs 2:16 MSG

Photography - Jenneth Graser

Listen to Ruth Fazal - instrumental violin album - Songs from the River 2




2 comments:

  1. Oh how I needed to pause here a while and just let my soul breathe! I love the invitation in these words:

    "Come my Beloved,
    into a time outside of time.

    Come to the resting seat in the garden
    of my habitation.

    There are no nagging voices or things to be done.

    Here, there is presence that guides
    everything you do on earth...

    Move into the pace of ease where my Spirit speaks
    strength into your frame.

    And whatever you need to face,
    we will do it together."

    Thank you, dear Jenneth, for your beautiful prayerful poetic words which have reminded me to take a needful break and refreshed my weary soul. God bless you for this oasis of peace! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much dear Joy! I need it so much too! Bless you my friend <3

      Delete